What do you do when someone comes to the gym toting a giant box of somewhat old hot dog buns? It's a tough decision, but if you are smart, you will grab two bags.
You know what this recipe would be perfect for?! Thanksgiving! and Christmas! Perfect way to add some variety to your dessert/pie table.
3 c. cream
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
VANILLA CREAM SAUCE
2 c. cream
~1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. corn starch
4 Tbsp. butter
1. Cube your bread or if you are using croissants, slice them in half (as if you were making a sandwich) and lay it all out in a casserole dish (I used 11x7" but you could adjust to make more). Sprinkle raisins and nuts into the mix.
4. Set up a water bath (placing the bread pudding in a 9x13" pan with water (you can also just use a jelly roll pan if you used a larger casserole).
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown on top.
1. In a medium saucepan, warm cream. Add vanilla and enough sugar to make it as sweet as you like it.
2. Whisk in corn starch and continue to mix over medium heat until sauce thickens.
3. Stir in butter and salt.
4. Pour over warm bread pudding!