It's getting to be that time of year. The time of year for turkey and stuffing and big helpings of pie! The most important part is the pie! I love pie...blueberry, apple, pecan, coconut cream...the list could go on forever, but I have never been a fan of pumpkin pie. I know that last statement just discredited my tastes altogether for some people as it's considered a blasphemous statement. But if you're still reading, you should be happy to hear that I made one anyway! And I liked it!
Recipe from Paula Deen
8 oz. cream cheese
2 c. pumpkin puree
1 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg + 2 yolks, slightly beaten
1 c. half & half
1/4 c. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 pie crust
whipped cream, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll out your pie dough into a pan and crimp the edges.
5. Mix together eggs, half & half, and melted butter. Add to pumpkin mixture.
6. Add vanilla and cinnamon and beat until well blended.
7. Pour the filling into the warm pie crust. Bake for 50 minutes, or until center is set.