I've discovered a few things in my years of cooking.
1. Cake for breakfast is the best idea you will have all day. Every time.
2. Pie for breakfast is the second best idea you will have.
3. Eggs are a much more accepted breakfast item.
But you know what? No one says, "That was a piece of egg" or "Easy as eggs." It's because eggs are kind of hard. Especially when you want them to come in omelette form. I would say that 90% of the time I try to make an omelette, I end up with a "scramble."
BLUE PLATE OMELETTE
2 or 3 eggs
2-3 asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
1/4 c. chopped squash
1/4 c. chopped tomato
1/4 c. shredded cheddar
1-2 Tbsp. hollandaise sauce (I bought mine pre-made from Trader Joe's but you could make your own.)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In saucepan, quickly saute squash and asparagus in a little bit of olive oil. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs. Pour into skillet over medium low heat lined with olive oil or butter.
3. Cook eggs in even layer until bottom is done, but top is still runny then add your cheese and veggies.