I only have 9 days left of work and they could NOT be going by any slower! Only 9 days between me and campfires, climbing ropes, fresh air, and mountains!
To say that I'm losing my motivation, would be an understatement.
So tomorrow, can we "make banana pancakes and pretend like it's the weekend, now?" (Remember that Jack Johnson song!) Pretty please?
CINNAMON BANANA PANCAKES
2 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 c. milk, scant
2 T. shortening, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
2 medium bananas
1. Mix together eggs, milk, shortening, and vanilla.
2. Add dry ingredients and mix until just smooth.
3. Pour onto a greased (or even better, buttered) skillet. Add slices of banana on top of the pancake.
4. Once bubbly, flip pancake over and cook until both sides are lightly browned and cake is cooked all the way through.
5. Serve it up with butter or peanut butter and syrup.
Feels like the weekend already, right?!