Wednesday, June 27, 2012
All Everything Cookies
Even though I grew up in Utah, I have never been this close to a wildfire (and I guess neither has anyone else in the city of Boulder).
Last night we sat out on the deck and looked through binoculars at the flames that started to come up over the ridge line and thought about what we would take with us if we got evacuated.
*I had a craving for the WHole Foods variety of All Everything cookies but couldn't find them - these turned out nothing like those cookies though...they were better!
1 c. butter
2/3 c. agave
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 c. oats
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 c. flax seeds
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 c. raisins
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. white chocolate chips
1. Beat together eggs, butter and agave. Add vanilla.
2. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Add in oats, 1 cup at a time.
4. Mix in cinnamon and flax seeds.
5. Stir in pecans, raisins, and both types of chocolate chips.
6. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper lines cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350˚.