Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits
I heard that certain coffee shops are now thinking about discontinuing their free wifi because they are tired of the loiterers that buy one tall drip coffee for $1.45 and fill those seats for hours on their computer.
That's why I bought a grande latte for $3.35 instead.
Those 3 dollars and 35 cents allow me to share this recipe for delicious biscuits. So, thanks Starbucks!
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. shortening
1 1/4 c. buttermilk
1 c. cheddar
1 jalapeño, diced
1. Whisk together dry ingredients.
2. Cut shortening into flour, using a fork or wire pastry blender.
3. Pour in buttermilk all at once and mix until just combined.
4. Stir in cheese and jalapeño.
5. Turn out onto a well-floured surface and knead in enough flour until dough is no longer sticky.
6. Shape into a 1/2" thick square, and cut into 9 squares (or use a biscuit cutter).
7. Bake at 450˚ for 20-25 minutes on an un-greased cookie sheet.
I recommend dipping them in this soup :)