Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Asiago Tomato Tart
1 large onion, sliced
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 sheet puff pastry
1 c. asiago cheese, shredded
~1 c. cherry tomatoes
salt & pepper
1 egg + 1 Tbsp. water (beat together with fork to make egg wash)
1. Pour olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until caramelized.
2. Unroll puff pastry onto a greased/parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Fold up 1/2" around edges to make a crust.
3. Spread cheese onto center of puff pastry. Top with tomatoes, onions, thyme and salt & pepper.
4. Brush folded up part of puff pastry with egg wash.
5. Bake in 400˚ oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.