We did manage to convince ourselves to wait until the timing makes more sense. Or at least until the leash we ordered online gets here!
Sharing ice cream with a puppy would be a blast! (I know, I know - you're not supposed to feed dogs ice cream, don't worry.)
Oh, one more thing. I've developed an unhealthy addiction to the Dog Whisperer.
Recipe from here
2 Tbsp. green tea
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. boiling water
1 1/4 c. milk
1/2 vanilla bean
2 egg yolks
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
1. Soak green tea in boiling water with 1 Tbsp. sugar for 10-12 minutes.
2. Scrape seeds out of vanilla bean. Add seeds and pod to milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then pour over tea and let stand for 5-6 minutes.
3. Beat egg yolks with 1/4 c. sugar. Strain milk mixture into egg yolks. Transfer to a medium saucepan. While stirring continuously, gently heat until thickened. Cool.
4. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into tea mixture.
5. Transfer to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions.
6. Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.