Thursday, September 6, 2012
Peach Corn Cakes
This is something that I was strongly resisting all summer. I don't do well with heat. At. All. I think this is something I got from my mom :)
We'll eat pancakes and bacon for breakfast and we'll forget all about yogurt and granola.
PEACH CORN CAKES
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. corn meal
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped peaches + more for topping
1. Whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. Beat buttermilk, vanilla and eggs together then whisk into flour mixture.
3. Stir in 1 cup chopped peaches.
4. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls into a hot, buttered skillet. When bubbles start to pop on the top, flip and cook 2nd side until browned.
5. Serve with chopped peaches warmed in maple syrup.