last week that I would bring you another recipe for the holidays. And I am definitely going to follow through with that. What I didn't tell you is that I would also be bringing you pictures of our brand new puppy!
CRANBERRY STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
1 1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 c. whole fresh cranberries, rinsed and dried
1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/4 c. pecans, chopped
1. Beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
2. Gradually mix in flour and baking powder. Beat on high for 1 minute. Pour batter into greased and floured 9" spring-form pan.
3. Cover batter with cranberries.
4. Mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle over cranberries.
5. Bake at 350˚ for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
*I recommend placing a cookie sheet under the pan in case any of the butter from the batter leaks out the bottom - trust me, it will get smoky!