Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
1. We have a little ball of energy running around the house biting at my ankles and hands every time I try to cook or take pictures of what little I do manage to get cooked all the way through.
3. The sun likes to disappear behind the mountains around 4:00 these days (making it hard to take pictures).
CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN BREAD
3 1/3 c. flour
3 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
1 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 c. water
3/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, combine first 6 ingredients. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, and water.
3. Gradually add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture. Combine well. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350˚ for 60-65 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
5. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans onto wire rack.