Friday, December 14, 2012
Last night we went to Austin's work party. Not only did I know no one at the party, Austin didn't even know anyone at the party.
CLEMENTINE COSMOS (serves 6)
Recipe from Claire Robinson
1 c. sugar
1 c. water
2/3 c. cranberry juice
1/3 c. lime juice
1 1/2 c. vanilla flavored vodka (or plain vodka to make them less sweet)
1. Cut three of the clementines into quarters. Cut the fourth clementine into thin slices for garnish.
2. Squeeze clementine juice into a small saucepan. Add sugar, water, and clementine peels. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Pour into a strainer over a measuring cup - getting out as much juice as possible. Cool to room temperature.
4. Add cranberry juice, lime juice and vodka. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Shake with ice in a martini shaker and pour into chilled martini glasses. Garnish with a clementine slice.