Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Even though I grew up in Utah, I have never been this close to a wildfire (and I guess neither has anyone else in the city of Boulder).
Last night we sat out on the deck and looked through binoculars at the flames that started to come up over the ridge line and thought about what we would take with us if we got evacuated.
*I had a craving for the WHole Foods variety of All Everything cookies but couldn't find them - these turned out nothing like those cookies though...they were better!
1 c. butter
2/3 c. agave
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 c. oats
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 c. flax seeds
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 c. raisins
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. white chocolate chips
1. Beat together eggs, butter and agave. Add vanilla.
2. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Add in oats, 1 cup at a time.
4. Mix in cinnamon and flax seeds.
5. Stir in pecans, raisins, and both types of chocolate chips.
6. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper lines cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350˚.
Monday, June 25, 2012
As you already know, Austin and I just barely made it to Boulder, CO last week. We drove out here quickly and ran into exactly zero problems along the way!
Thursday, June 21, 2012
We made it to Boulder! Our stuff is unpacked and finally today our internet was turned on! So far Boulder has been great. We've been biking everywhere, eating granola and generally morphing into the hippies we'd love to become :)
1 tube of polenta
2 c. cheddar cheese
1/2 red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 squash, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 large tomato, thickly sliced
juice of 1 lemon
handful fresh parsley (~1/4 c.), coarsely chopped
1 c. milk
salt & pepper
1. Cut tube of polenta into slices (about 1/4" thick) and place into bottom of pie plate and up the sides. Bake for 15 minutes at 375˚.
2. As soon as you take the crust out of the oven, pour the cheese into the bottom so it melts. The cheese will seal any holes in the crust.
5. Beat together eggs and milk and pour on top of veggies.
6. Bake for 50 minutes at 375˚ (cover edges of crust if they start to get too brown).