Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Peach Rhubarb Cobbler
How about desserts? How about fresh fruit with a sweet doughy cake over the top? Maybe if it was served warm with vanilla ice cream melting over the top? Yeah, I thought that would do the trick.
PEACH RHUBARB COBBLER
3/4 lb. rhubarb
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 c. water
1 c. milk
1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. butter
1. Peel and slice peaches. Chop rhubarb. Place both in a mixing bowl. Add a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, and 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
2. Dissolve cornstarch in water. Pour over peaches and mix everything together.
3. Combine milk, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt to form the batter.
4. Melt 1 stick of butter in a 9x13" pan. Pour batter over the melted butter, then add the peach/rhubarb mixture over the top. Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon and sugar.
5. Bake at 350˚ for about an hour.