Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
There have been lots of tested recipes, and most have not made it on the blog. These are making the cut.
I don't know if any of you have ever invested that much time in developing the perfect recipe, but it's kind of fun. It can be frustrating at times (like when you make a batch that is not as good as you know other recipes could have been), but for the most part, it's a lot of fun to compare and combine recipes and I know it's going to be awesome when we find The. Perfect. Cookie. (These are close to that!)
SALTED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Recipe from The Back in the Day Bakery
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 tps. salt
1 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sugar
1 c. light brown sugar
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
coarse sea salt
1. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. Cream butter and sugars. Add in vanilla and eggs.
3. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop dough onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet then sprinkle with a little coarse sea salt.
5. Bake at 350˚ for 15-18 minutes.