Monday, October 7, 2013
Chicken Caesar Salad
Who are those people that order a salad "dry" or with a "squeeze of lemon?!?!" I'm sorry, but that's crazy. I know I'm not offending you either, because you obviously wouldn't be reading my blog if you only eat lettuce like a rabbit. Well, maybe you're into torturing yourself?
CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD (serves 4)
Recipe from Ree Drummond
4 anchovy filets
2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. worcestershire
2 cloves garlic, minced
juice from 1/2 of a lemon
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. parmesan, grated
salt & pepper
1/2 loaf french bread
1/4 c. olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 chicken breasts, grilled (optional)
1. In a food processor, puree anchovies until you create a paste. Add in dijon mustard, balsamic, worcestershire, garlic and lemon juice. Blend, scraping down the sides once or twice.
2. With the food processor on low, drizzle in olive oil.
3. Stir in parmesan, salt & pepper. Transfer into a jar and store in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
4. Cut the french bread into crouton sized cubes. Spread out in a single layer on a rimmed cookie sheet.
5. In a small saucepan, heat up 1/4 c. olive oil. Add in whole, crushed cloves of garlic. Heat for another 5 minutes (stir occasionally so you don't burn the garlic).
6. Pour olive oil over bread. Mix it all up with your hands trying to cover all of the bread with the oil. Sprinkle with salt.
7. Place the croutons under the broil and watch carefully. Once they start to brown, toss and return to oven - watch very carefully this time!
8. Assemble your salads - romaine lettuce, sliced chicken breast, croutons, sprinkle of parmesan, drizzle of dressing.