Thursday, December 26, 2013
Sweet Potato Biscuits
This year, Christmas felt a little rushed to me so I'm going to give you some advice to avoid that: don't move 4 days before Christmas. It's been quite the whirlwind of packing, driving, unpacking, making yule logs, hosting Christmas parties, opening gifts and working.
Usually, when I have a lot going on in my life and everything feels out of control, I bake. I bake bread or cookies or biscuits and then everything seems a little more manageable. Biscuits especially are good. They're good because they're easy to make and they don't take a lot of prep time. Whip 'em up, feel better and then get back to sorting out the rest of your life.
SWEET POTATO BISCUITS
1 c. sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
6 Tbsp. butter, melted (divided)
1 1/4 c. flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 c. milk
1. Mix together sweet potatoes and 4 tablespoons of the melted butter together.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir into sweet potato mixture until just combined.
3. Add in the milk to form a dough.
4. On a floured surface, roll out dough until about 3/4" thick. Cut into biscuits.
5. Place biscuits an ungreased cookie sheet and brush the top of each with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
6. Bake at 400˚ for about 20 minutes.