Monday, March 24, 2014
So anyway, as an apology for offending all of my facebook friends, here's some stereotypical pregnant woman cravings! And even better, they're fried! Still friends? Great.
1/2 c. buttermilk
salt & pepper
16 oz. dill pickle slices
1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. cornmeal
1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
oil for frying
1. In a shallow dish, combine buttermilk, salt and pepper. Add pickles and spread out evenly. Set aside.
2. In a large plastic bag, combine flour, cornmeal and Old Bay. Shake to combine.
3. Heat oil to 365˚ for frying (or use a deep fryer).
4. Add pickles to flour mixture a few at a time. Seal bag and shake to thoroughly coat. Drop into hot oil and cook both sides until golden brown.
5. Remove pickles from oil onto a paper towel lined pan or plate to soak up excess oil. Repeat until you've made all the pickles.