Friday, April 11, 2014
Hamburger Sweet Potato Hand Pies
Problem is, we usually just eat them sitting in front of the couch. Really, I think we only packed them with us on a ride once or twice, so I'm sure that defeats the purpose.
My point is, you can eat these whenever you want, wherever you want. I won't judge you. And the best part is that you don't have to be starving and hot and sweating for these to taste good!
HAMBURGER SWEET POTATO HAND PIES
Recipe from Feed Zone Portables
For the filling:
8 oz. ground beef
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. cooked rice
For the dough:
3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 c. cold water
1. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef until done. Drain.
2. Cook the sweet potato either by roasting in the oven or cooking in the microwave until done (check doneness with a fork).
3. Mix together all filling ingredients and set aside.
4. Prepare the dough: In a food processor, mix together flour and salt. Add in the butter and pulse until the butter is no longer visible. Transfer to a bowl. Add in a little bit of water at a time and mix with your hands to bring the dough together. Divide into 12 balls and cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out each ball of dough into a 6 inch circle. Place a scoop of the filling into the middle of the dough. Fold over the top and brush the edges with water, then pinch together to seal. Trim off any ragged edges. Continue until all of the dough or all of the filling is used.
6. Bake at 350˚ for 15 minutes.