Monday, August 25, 2014
Watermelon Baby Carriage
But they're also kind of sad.
If I'm being totally honest with you, I didn't actually make this. My mom did. But since my mom is a real person and not a Pinterest liar, I think you can still trust that it is doable.
Also, when you're hosting a baby shower, it's pretty much a must. Every. Single. Guest will comment on it and say how amazing you are as a hostess. Promise.
WATERMELON BABY CARRIAGE
1. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of the watermelon (this will create a flat base so it does not roll around).
2. Cut a slice halfway through the watermelon about 1/3 of the way down from the top. Then, cut horizontally from the bottom to meet that cut (this will create the opening for the carriage).
3. Using a melon baller, remove all of the fruit from the watermelon. Set aside.
4. Use a sharp knife to peel a cantaloupe (this will be the baby's head). Use a melon baller to cut up the fruit of the second cantaloupe.
5. Assemble the carriage: place the peeled, whole cantaloupe into the watermelon. Using toothpick, place 2 blueberries for eyes and 1 cantaloupe ball for the nose. Make a small hole for the pacifier to fit into.
6. Fill the rest of the watermelon with melon balls and blueberries. Place the rest of the fruit around the base of the watermelon on the platter.