Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Whole Roasted Chicken
Normally, I don't even like to cook meat that much. It's not because I don't like to eat meat, but I don't like to clean it. Poultry in particular. I'm going to be upfront with you. This recipe involves touching the chicken. A lot.
Seriously, if turkey is this easy, be prepared for the best Thanksgiving ever at my house!
WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN
1 2-3 lb. chicken
salt & pepper
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
1. Remove the wishbone from the chicken.
2. Rinse and completely dry the chicken with paper towels (including the inside).
3. Generously salt the bird inside and out. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, then truss the chicken and place in a cast iron skillet.
4. Cook at 450˚ for 50-60 minutes, or until the center of the breast is 165˚. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the fresh thyme on top of the chicken.
5. Baste with the juices in the bottom of the pan, then remove to a cutting board to let rest for 10 minutes.
6. Serve the chicken on the bone with the skin attached.