Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Jalapeño Popper Burgers
Joy the Baker made a lasagna grilled cheese once that sounded pretty stellar.
So you may be inclined to think that mashups only work well when you put two T. Swift songs together, but you're wrong.
I also wanted to point out that you're wrong about needing to eat healthier in 2015. What you need is to eat more burgers. Burgers stuffed with cheese! Happy New Year!!
JALAPEÑO POPPER BURGERS (serves 4)
1 lb. ground beef
salt & pepper
4 oz. cream cheese
1 large tomato
ketchup & mustard
1. Season ground beef with salt and pepper. Separate into 8 balls. Pat each ball flat and set aside.
2. In a food processor, blend together cream cheese and jalapeños (Note: depending on how daring you're feeling you can leave the seeds in or take them out.).
3. Place a dollop of the cream cheese mixture onto 4 of the hamburger patties. Cover with the remaining for patties and pinch the edges closed.
4. Grill until cooked all the way through (flipping at the halfway point).
5. Assemble your burgers with whatever toppings you like - I just went with the classics!