Monday, January 5, 2015
Roasted Red Pepper Flavored Pasta
Not now though.
South America would fulfill my needs. Europe would do the trick. Anywhere really. I just want to go.
I'd love to be sitting in an Italian restaurant (in Italy), eating plate after plate of fresh pasta. I want the mystery of not totally knowing what I ordered and not understanding the conversations around me except for the random word or two.
ROASTED RED PEPPER FLAVORED PASTA
1 c. semolina flour
1 c. all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 pepper, roasted and pureed
1. On a clean working surface, mix together flours and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the olive oil and egg.
2. Gradually start to incorporate the eggs and oil in the flour mixture, kneading as you go. Add in the pepper puree about 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together. Form a ball.
3. Roll the dough (in small sections) through the pasta maker then cut into the shape you want.
4. Hang on a pasta drying rack.
5. To cook, drop pasta into salted boiling water and cook until the noodles float to the top (2-4 minutes). Drain and serve with your favorite sauce.