Thursday, March 26, 2015
Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
It was as good as it sounds.
If you're thinking that maybe it doesn't actually make sense to combine the two, first of all, you're wrong, and secondly just give it a shot. You may just be pleasantly surprised by how well the two flavors meld.
Because of the meat product, I would recommend storing them in the fridge and eating within about a week...if they last that long. Otherwise, freeze them for later.
PEANUT BUTTER BACON COOKIES
1 c. vegetable shortening
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. peanut butter
3 c. flour
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
1. Cream shortening and sugars.
2. Add in salt, baking soda and eggs. Beat until well combined.
3. Add in vanilla, and peanut butter, then gradually stir in flour.
4. By hand, stir in the bacon.
5. Drop balls by the tablespoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet then press a fork into each ball to form a cross.
6. Bake at 400˚ for about 10 minutes.